Sunday, July 18, 2010

Mermaid Party

Happy Birthday to Riley Kate!! Yay!! We had a swimming party at our house for Riley Kate and her little friends! She had a blast--this is the first year she has really known what's going on!! She is too funny! I just love her little personality!!


As some of you know, it is tradition in the Scarbrough house for me to make the kids their birthday cakes each year, and when they get old enough, each child gets to pick his/her own cake, and I make it! I started this tradition on Grayton's 1st birthday!! Riley Kate had a tough time picking out her cake this year!! Up until now, I've just always picked it! She was so excited that she wanted every cake in the book!! Finally, she picked a mermaid cake! Yes, it's a lot of work, but it's something special they will hopefully remember one day when they are grown!

No comments:

OUR ADDICTION!!

OUR ADDICTION!!
After the birth of Grayton, Jason and I began running and became highly addicted!! I soon made my first jogging stroller purchase, The Tike Tech all terrain single jogger. It was wonderful until I needed another seat for Riley Kate. I got this Dreamer Design off of ebay, and I love it! I call it my freedom and my sanity because I can load up the kids and go running whenever I feel like it! The kids love to stroll. They usually ask to go. We have run several races just for fun--Delta Jubilee 5K, Juke Joint Festival 5K, St. Jude 1/2 Marathon, Double Decker 10K, 300 Oaks 10K, etc. We love to run and if there is a race we can make it to, we'll run it!! We are running about 4 to 5 miles a day now with long runs of 7 to 12 miles on the weekends!

A LITTLE HOBBY OF MINE

A LITTLE HOBBY OF MINE
Since Grayton's 1st birthday, I have ventured out a bit and started baking and creating my kid's birthday cakes each year. Also, I am the homeroom mother for Grayton's class, so I am trying to get creative with my baking. I am not very good at it, but it is so much fun!! If anyone has any new cute ideas, share them with me.